Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hello...Goodbye

School has started again, now it is hello to homework, sack lunches, shoes and socks, fun new friends, new teachers, and lots of projects.
Sadly, for a while, it is goodbye to sleeping in, no schedule, swimming all day, crazy laughter in my house at all hours, and spur of the moment trips to anywhere we please.

Paige, Megan, and Haley were all excited to go this morning.  Up and dressed at the crack of dawn, and even pleasant enough to smile for the ritualistic first day of school pictures!  We had to "cock-a-doodle-do" Nathan a few times to wake him up, but he was finally roused at the mention of friends waiting for him at school.
Nathan started Kindergarten and now I am alone for 3 hours every morning.  It will take some time to get used to I am sure, but for now I don't think I like it.
Maybe, just maybe he liked being home with me too.

Now they are all home from the first day, still smiling!  Megan and Haley loved having lunch at school (though I don't know what they ate - most of it came back!) and Paige, though I think a little overwhelmed, loves that she has lots of friends in her class and her teacher shares her love for Disneyland.  Nathan informed me that school was okay, but a little bad because two of his friends got warnings.  He assured me that he in fact did not.  Whew! When I picked him up and told his teacher we would see her tomorrow, his response was "you mean I have to go to school every day?"

8 comments:

Taya said...

They all look so cute for the first day!!! And, what awesome tans they're all sporting!!! Have a happy school year, and right about now I sure wish all of mine were in school... want to trade??? I think of all the stuff I could get done in 3 hours without interruption... but I know I'd miss them for awhile at first too!

Sarah said...

Love the new school pictures. They look like they are ready and willing, and to hear they came home WITH smiles...even better. I wish I were there to take up some of your "free" time. We could do shopping for 3 full kid uninterrupted hours!! I'm in the car...

bekki said...

Love the pictures I'm with Nathan why go back.

Ezra, Kian & Eden said...

Oh no! Too funny! Your girls looked adorable! Nathan too, but more handsome than adorable. :)
Kian isn't too sure about this school on every day bit either. Poor kids. They have to get all grown up and smart way too fast. :)

thewylerfamily said...

We miss Nate in Austin's class! Austin did not like school either. He doesn't like the you can not talk without raising your hand.
We will have to let them play soon:)

Brooke and Aaron said...

What a drag!..School every day?! Nathan's hilarious! Loved this post! Emma's starts Sept 1st and I'm not sure if I'm dreading it or excited. Probably a little of both. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you all!

Connie said...

Nathan's face and comment are priceless. You will somehow survive. I cried on and off for 2 days straight when Ethan started school. I still cry every year on the first day of school at the bus stop.

Muche said...

Well, I don't want to go to school anymore either...so I don't think I'll go! Tell Nathan that someday, he'll get to decide if he wants to go or not...in like 30 some years, cool huh!